Thursday, April 17, 2014

Tired of seeing pics and hearing of Jesus dying on the cross?


Bear with us.




He came so "that we would have life, & have it more abundantly".
He died so that we could be free from the grip of sin.
He arose so that we also could live forever.

I don't know of anyone else who did that for me. I can't keep silent!

There have been many good men come & go from this earth...NONE of whom stood in the gap and gave their lives for the very same people who despised and rejected them.


Those who continue to mock him--those who laugh and joke of His great sacrifice- roll their eyes at another mention of His name....

His blood was shed for them.


Those who continue to dismiss His words and wisdom as archaic and non-relevant for a modern culture...

His blood was shed for them.


Those who continue to angrily shake their fist toward the heavens and curse His Father and those attempting to follow His teachings...

His blood was shed for them.


He didn't play the political games
 not even with the religious "leaders" of His day.


He came here on a mission:

"To seek and save that which was lost."

"Not to be ministered to, but to minister. And to give His Life as a ransom for many."


Mission accomplished.

A "ransom" is the price demanded for the release of those held captive.

Once the ransom is paid,

the captives are FREE!

We are celebrating our freedom. We are no longer chained and bound nor are we captives to sins that rule our hearts and ruin our lives and the lives of those around us.

We have a hope.

 And that hope brings peace.
 And a peaceful heart is full of strength.
 And a strong heart brings us joy.
 And a joyful heart is like a medicine.
 And medicine heals our bodies and minds.

So bear with us.

 We've much to celebrate.

~Sherri

10 comments:

Amrita said...

Good post Sherri - have a blessed Easter

Sherri Murphy said...

Thank you, Amrita. You too!

Helen said...

I can't say that I'm "tired" of seeing those pictures, but I do find it hard to look at the suffering I've caused Him.

Sherri Murphy said...

Agreed, Helen.

Ed Bonderenka said...

Thanks for posting this.

Sherri Murphy said...

My pleasure, Ed. :)

Lynda said...

Yes, He loves us even though we don't deserve it and can't earn it.
Christ paid the ultimate sacrifice for us.
thanks for this post Sherry. Hope you had a blessed Easter!

Sherri Murphy said...

Well said, Lynda. :)

Rita said...

Actually I think we don't see this image or those like it enough. Speaking just for myself, I too often get wrapped in my daily life and let this image too easily slip from my soul. This image brings me back to reality and.....salvation.

Thanks for posting.

Intense Guy said...

Have a happy and joyous Easter!